Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bob's Example Of An Online Super Store

The idea of opening an online super store was very intriguing to me from the very beginning. I thought how many people would want to be able to sit at home and simply shop with a click. Was it new? Not really since amazon.com and eBay.com but for the most part a collection of other peoples products that they can't really know is of the quality most shoppers are looking for. Just this week I saw an article about a women who thought she was buying a Automobile on eBay at a good price of about $4,000.00 Dollars. She did all the research and paid her $4,000.00 dollars for the Toyota. Then after many days no auto. She had been scammed by a very cunning Internet seller that had actually sold the same auto several times with no auto in inventory. I have in the past sold myself on eBay.com cell phones and some electronics. The problem for me was waiting for bids to close and collecting the payment. When you start out small you can't afford to keep paying the fees associated with the selling process and then not sell or not get paid. I began to search for another way to sell online with a store front that had all the products in inventory and could collect the payment and ship to the customer direct from the warehouse. I looked at many that had products that really were not what I thought were what people would buy online. Most of them were not in the main stream of what was searched for online. I decided to get another website and then partner with a product company that has done a lot of good business with eBay.com They drop ship in my company name in the same way my suppliers did for my brick and mortar store. Traffic is the name of the game so I set up my affiliate programs and began to optimize the site. Every day I check the products out and make sure the site is available. To check it out you can take a look by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment